Land for sale in Galicia, Spain

Buildable property for sale on a coastline of incomparable beauty.

Sunday 10 April 2011

My summers away from Caión

In an earlier post I mentioned that I was also cooperating in other volunteer projects, which keep me so busy during the summer that I don't have much time to enjoy the fabulous warm, sunny weather in Caión. In my next posts, I'd like to tell you a bit about those projects and about my experience.
Last summer I worked as a volunteer English teacher at a school in a village called Gulabgarh, in the district of Kishtwar, state of J&K, India: The school was established and is funded by the Himalayan Buddhist Cultural Association.
I am not a member of this or any other NGO and I am not Buddhist. The reason why I ended up in Gulabgarh is that a friend of mine called Tashi Chering, a mountaineer and guide who is from this village, asked me if I would be willing to help the children of Gulabgarh and nearby hamlets, by working there as a volunteer English teacher. So, it was thanks to his personal initiative that I finally volunteeredYou can read more about this soon on Tashi Chering's website Lonpoadventures.
What about you? Are you ready to volunteer as an English teacher in the Himalayan Cultural School, Gulabgarh?
Becoming a volunteer teacher of English in Gulabgarh can be one of the most rewarding and fulfilling experiences of anyone's life. Would you like to live and teach in an incredibly different place among such a hospitable and grateful people even if it is for only a short time? You would be contributing to these children’s education while learning all about their amazing culture, language and customs, as you share their everyday experiences.
You don't need to join an NGO. All you need is a desire to help others, to help further the education of the children of Gulabgarh and nearby villages. You would be doing so much for the people of Gulabgarh. The school staff, the students, their families would all make you feel welcome and they will be there for whatever you may need. Why wait? Get involved today!
If you'd like to volunteer or cooperate in some other way, you can contact me or Mr. Tashi Chering through his website Lonpoadventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment