Land for sale in Galicia, Spain

Buildable property for sale on a coastline of incomparable beauty.

Sunday 30 January 2011

Past, present and future: towards a sustainable urban development



I can't believe how much Caión has changed! Some of those changes are positive, others not so much. At times I wish this fishing village were still the isolated, solitary, wild and unique paradise it once was! But then I realize that this romantic idea isn't consistent with urban growth and development, which are not only inevitable, but necessary.
Women mending fishing nets.
Small boat (chalana) arriving at Caión harbor.

Still, as long as that growth and development is responsible, sustainable and respectful of the environment, I'm willing to let go of my romantic ideas—or maybe not entirely. I guess I'm just an urban romantic who's convinced that a sustainable urban development is vital to the health of our own and of other communities.

No one can deny that coastal apartments are, even today, a capital investment. What they should not be is an example of what we call "feísmo urbano" (urban ugliness). Even if we can't prevent others from contributing to the destruction of our historical heritage or our urban and natural resources, I am convinced that we can support and improve our environment through sustainable projects such as the one we could develop on this exceptional plot of buildable land. There's nothing to stop us from enjoying a home here in the midst of an alluring sea and landscape while at the same time making an excellent investment that can help Caión to continue growing and developing in the best and most responsible way possible.


There is very little buildable property left in this fishing village and with the sea as a backdrop! I would personally love to build a small apartment complex or even a private house here, but it's not within my reach at the moment and besides, I'm involved in other projects of a different sort. This is why I am looking for an enthusiastic, enterprising investor willing to purchase the land, accept the challenge and "build" their hopes up high in this wonderful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment